BOOK HAUL: December + January

16 February 2014

That's right, it's time for Sam's first book haul! I can't believe I haven't done any yet--my book-buying habits have increased at a phenomenal rate since beginning this blog. I hauled 8 books throughout the past two months and they aaarrreeeee:

PHSYICALS

821162THE BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA
Katherine Paterson
Published by Puffin Books.

Not too excited about this edition (the others are gorgeous) but scooped the book up in the library Take Box Thing (professionalism, Sam, you're doing it right) because I adore the movie and have always wanted to read it! Plus it seems like a quick read. :) So I'll be reading this one during Summer, probably.





11044367 TAKEN
Erin Bowman
Published by HarperTeen

 I've already read this one and it was such a good book! A good book, but not an omigod-this-is-my-new-fav-or-in-my-top-five kinda book. I had expectations going in, and they were quickly destroyed. So then I rebuilt my expectations and I left feeling satisfied, minus the love-triangle which I still feel unnecessary, outdone, and seemed like it was thrown in without thought. T.T But, otherwise, good book, like I said. Review to come.



Allegiant (Divergent, #3)ALLEGIANT
Veronica Roth
Published by HarperTeen

Y'all have probably noticed how worn the above paperback I have is. This is not my fault. :P I don't know what it was, but this paperback was just bound so bad. When I bought it, I didn't even see the tear on the spine. Then the glue split the book in half and the pages nearly fell out from the cover, then the cover tore. Omigosh guys I was almost crying, it was like the story inside was so disappointing that it seeped into the cover. Review soon.


13206760SCARLET
Marissa Meyer
Published by Feiwel and Friends

Okay, so CONFESSION TIME: I haven't actually read Cinder (Lunar Chronicles #1. Scarlet is #2) yet . . . I'M SO SORRY GUYS I LOVE THE PREMISE BUT HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO FIND IT YET AND THIS WAS REALLY CHEAP AND I ASKED THE LADY AND SHE WAS SO SYMPATHETIC WHEN SHE SAID CINDER WAS BOUGHT FIVE MINUTES AGO. SHE COULD SEE MY HEART FALLING AWAY TO NOTHING AND I WANTED TO HUG HER. I WILL TRY AND GET IT SOON THOUGH BECAUSE IT SOUNDS AND AWESOME AND THIS IS A BONUS BECAUSE I WON'T HAVE TO WAIT FOR BOOK TWO OR THREE (CRESS). 
/rantover
11544476WHEN WE WAKE
Karen Healy 
Published by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
I was sent this book by an amazing Inkie friend Hannah Hunt (her blog)! I was so stoked for this book. (Yes, I said stoked and I'm sixteen.) It seemed right up my ally for things I used to read (sci-fi/fantasy) and want to get back to reading. But boy is it disappointing. The MC just does not. Shut. Up. Whining. Jeez, someone give her a reality check because it's so unrealistic that when you wake up 100 years in the future you'd start complaining that you have liyuf-ah. omigosh liyek. T.T Yes, basically how she speaks. Not sure if I can finish this one, guys, but apart from the MC and the other unbelievable cast, the book has a good premise behind all the junk. So maybe I can. It's not a very long book, anyway. We'll see. Just, maybe you should read some reviews or some sample chapters if you're thinking about getting it.

eBOOKS

2813153 THIRTEEN REASONS WHY
Jay Asher
Published by Razorbill
You guys. You guys, calm down. CALM DOWN YOU GUYS. Oh, wait, sorry, all that was just my fanboying for this amazing piece of literature that had me crying and laughing and dying inside the whole time. It's changed so many of my views and I'm now reaching out to people because you never know how someone is feeling inside. Personal experience. Plus, you never know what you say (whether meant to be good or not) is taken the way you meant it to be. So, just read it guys. You will not regret it and you'll be a whole new person (not in a bad way). This is my new favourite. Review to come!
ELEANOR & PARK
15745753
ELEANOR & PARK
Rainbow Rowell
Published by St. Martin's Press

This is another amazing book. It's just so real and honest to life. I mean, it represents the shitty, back-alley life of someone who wants so much to leave it but fears what's out there, and then the "model American family made of Irish-Asian-Americans". Eleanor is so lovely and stupid in love but so unafraid and afraid to be herself -- it's incredible to watch it unfold. Park's just as amazing, showing gradual bravery as the book goes on, what with standing up to the people he does. I really hope the last 80-120 pages (not sure) are like I hope because this book is really close to my heart right now. Review to come!

16168821 HARKEN
Kaleb Nation

This one is actually a sort of impulse buy (the others were on my TBB(ought) pile). I'd read a sample of Harken, three chapters I think, when Kaleb Nation dropped it on his website. I really liked its premise and the idea of lizard-people and the MC's ability to see emotions or whatever through eyes and stuff (I can't really remember because it was about six+ months ago). Anyway, I've been wanting to get this for a while and I saw it and it was cheap so I clicked and then there it was, sitting on Harry's face, waiting for me after I read E&P. I have a few eARCs to read, too. ^.^' I'm a bad blogger. I blame school, okay? But yeah, excited for this! I'll let y'all know about it once I'm done.


OKAY GUYS THAT'S ALL OF 'EM! You have no idea how long this post took me to write (my laptop died halfway through, had to re-write, then it crashed and had to re-write, now it's being super spazzy and when I try and writer sometimes it all disappears and comes back but I'm writing in the wrong place T.T) SO YOU BETTER APPRECIATE IT OKAY?! Other than that, thank you for reading. :3

So, what's your haul for Dec-Jan?
Feel like reading any of these books? Have you already read them?
Tell me below!

~Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment